Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer (Line 5 Cement Industry)
Ref No: ObajanaHSSE001
Location: Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- Participate in implementing the DCP approved occupational safety program, analysing and administering various components of the safety programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement approved safety plans and programs in the Plant and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
- Support in planning and promoting safety programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
- Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
- Assist in conducting safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedule.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of DCP Plants to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Collect, analyse and maintain data essential for effective safety programs.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organisations, and representatives of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor, Safety.
Education and Work Experience:
- First degree or its equivalent in Health Safety and Environmental Management or related discipline. Membership of relevant safety institute e.g. the Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industry.
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to adequately analyse an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online