Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the world’s fastest-growing airline. We connect more than 160 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the Five-star airport, Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Airport Services Duty Officer
Job ID: 2200000V
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Category: Cargo & Airport Operations
About the Role
- We are recruiting for an Airport Services Duty Officer based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- In this role, you will supervise and control flight-handling activities such as flight editing, check-in, transfers and boarding, in order to ensure a high service standard.
- You will achieve optimum customer satisfaction and on-time department of flights.
- You will also have overall control of the shift as a direct representative of the Airport Services Manager.
- You will also ensure punctuality and safety of all Qatar Airways operations.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Ensuring that passenger and aircraft handling practices conform to the safety and security standards
- Ensuring that all QR aircraft handling standards are met on a shift basis
- Managing and controlling manpower on the shift, in order to optimize utilization and to maintain staff morale and discipline
- Ensuring proper allocation of manpower and resources in the airport operations
- Completing checks to ensure adequate standards are maintained
- Resolving customer problems and complaints while on duty and working with all departments including Customer Relations to provide resolutions for complaint handling
- Facilitating ramp handling activities in liaison with GHA, Caterers, Fueling, Maintenance, Cargo, and Crew to expedite departure
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant experience in an airline or reputed Ground Handling Operations at supervisory level.
- Strong background in Airport or GHA Operations
- Good understanding of Conditions of Carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security Procedures in accordance with ICAO and IATA.
- Overall knowledge of airport functions within passenger and baggage handling, weight and balance and dangerous goods regulations.
- Excellent customer focus and service delivery.
- Right to live and work in the United States.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online