Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading Non-Governmental and Not-for-Profit Organization established in 1989 by two eminent and reputable Nigerians who are the most prominent advocates of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) and Family Planning (FP) programming in Nigeria. ARFH, a Nigerian fully indigenous, Non- Governmental, and Not-for-Profit organization had implemented projects across the 36+1 states of Nigeria on cross cutting programs including Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health plus Nutrition Investment Case (RMNCAH+N), Family Planning (FP), Global fund grants on HIV, TB and Malaria as Prime & Sub recipient, USAID grants on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) among others.
ARFH since inception consistently contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of rural poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged populations. ARFH has been at the fore-front of Health & community system strengthening, Human resource for health development in Nigeria, supporting the Government of Nigeria to advocate and domesticate health policies into implementation e.g. its task-shifting and task sharing policy through capacity building for all cadres of health care providers including Physicians, Nurse midwives, and CHEWs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – OVC Case Management and Community Services
Locations: Delta, Ekiti and Osun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Program Officer OVC Case Management & Community Services will report to Technical Advisor – OVC Case Management.
- S/he will coordinate all the OVC Case Management and Community services among priority and targeted sub-populations. Provided technical and programmatic support across all the OVC case management domains and processes.
- He/she will drive the community level gender norm sessions, acquisition of birth certificate, nutrition assessment, counselling and support activities including food demonstration intervention on the project.
- He/she will ensure collaboration with government MDAs and stakeholders.
- He/she will coordinate effective referral and linkage to other social service support not being implemented on the project. 100% of his/her time per annum is chargeable to the project.
- A Degree in Medical Field, Social Sciences or related disciplines with at least 5 years’ cognate experience, which must include at least 2 years in Programming for OVC, to mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS.
- Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders. An MPH is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word Document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).