Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer
Ref No: 220000MY
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) Windows 3 is an FCDO funded program with a key outcome to promote learning and inclusion of girls in Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa states and policy at federal/national level as appropriate.
- The position holder will ensure implementation of the MEAL plan for the project including maintaining project database, monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program staff, community volunteers and CSO/government counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: MEAL Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: MEAL Assistants
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: Coordinate Data Collection, Data Quality Management, Analysis and State Level Reporting:
- Participate in the design of programme monitoring and evaluation tools (registers, reporting templates, database, etc.)
- In collaboration with relevant SC staff, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to programme MEAL plan
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly programme IPTT monitoring reports
- Ensure the programme database is updated regularly
- Support programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities
- Support the MEAL Manager to implement the DQA system including the conduct of data quality assessments according to the M&E plan
- Support the MEAL Manager in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of MEAL tools and materials to supported sites
Objective 2: Support Programme Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the MEAL manager to monitor the FCDO PLANE project across all target communities and communicate findings and progress to the Program manager
- Participate in evaluation of the FCDO PLANE project focusing on data management of evaluation datasets.
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement to the FCDO PLANE project Team.
Objective 3: Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism:
- Support coordination of the project monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required.
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Support the management of the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (Education, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other)
- 3 years post-NYSC previous experience with local and international NGOs
- Previous experience in an education project or a formal training in Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management, Data Quality Assurance (DQA) is an asset
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel or other statistical package e.g SPSS, STATA-12, etc)
- Fluency in English & local language
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills including report writing.
Skills And Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Future-orientated thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.