Greenville LNG Company Limited is the pioneer Domestic LNG producer in Nigeria with the objective of extending gas supplies to regions not reached by gas pipelines thereby making available a competitive source of energy to boost the economy. Greenville LNG Plant is in Rumuji near Port-Harcourt and has customer locations in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Sokoto, Aba and other cities nationwide.
As a fast-growing company willing to promote the Nigerian Content, we are recruiting suitably qualified Nigerians to fill the position below:
Job Title: LNG Plant Maintenance Engineer
Job Code: PME-3
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
This position is in charge of design, installation, commissioning, operation and Maintenance of static, rotary and electrical systems and equipment within the LNG plant for optimum plant reliability.
- Formulate, plan, review and analyse preventive maintenance strategy for the rotary and static equipment in order to achieve highest efficiency of the activities for reliable and safe operation.
- Prepare O&M procedures and monitor operational and maintenance procedures and practices are adhered to provide assurance.
- Develop maintenance strategies, spares, operating philosophy based on Risk and Reliability Management (RRM) principles like Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Plant Maintenance (PM) to improve system reliability and availability whilst optimising OPEX and increasing asset life through continuous improvement drive.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment like Power distribution panels, Transformer, motor, soft starter, VFD, relays, lighting, lightning arrestor and earthing.
- Forecast and prepare budget for electrical related activities i.e. maintenance, shutdown and project for consolidation into department yearly Work Program and Budget (WPB). Monitor budget utilization closely and provide justification for variance.
- Populate inputs into Computerized Materials and Maintenance Management System (CMMMS) to ensure data and history of equipment maintenance activities are captured accurately. Provide inputs to maintenance planner with regards to electrical maintenance activities for his consolidation into SAP PM Plan.
- Monitor and provide input to Reliability KPIs like Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Investigation and Bad actor action status and key leading and lagging indicator for Management Report and Reliability prediction.
- Promote Predictive maintenance and condition-based maintenance (CBM) approaches through regular reviews.
- Performing routine test of continuity, insulation, resistance and high potential on both LV and HV cables, motors, transformers, generators, bus bars etc. based on best industry standard.
- Provide specialist expertise for trouble shooting, alignment of equipment, diagnostics analysis and remedial actions for failures and breakdowns of rotating and electrical equipment and preferred rotating equipment operating philosophy, modes/regimes.
- Focal point for the Technical proactive monitoring of rotating equipment to predict early performance/condition drift and advise corrective actions requiring major overhaul/repair for compressors, pumps and gas engines.
- Act as Technical authority for Rotating equipment discipline for Plant change proposals by reviewing them, reject the ones that do not meet the criteria and process the other for approval through the system and keep track of the approval process.
- Plan, budget and forecast of all mechanical related activities i.e., maintenance, shutdown, and project for consolidation into department yearly Work Program and Budget (WPB). Monitor budget utilization closely and provide justification for variance.
- Lead multi-disciplinary commissioning of static and rotary equipment including gas engines and other electrical equipment.
- Provide specialist technical support/operational expert input into new projects for design, selection, installation, commissioning FAT, SAT and evaluations of operability and maintainability of rotating equipment.
- Lead RCA (Root Cause Analysis) /Causal Learning discussion on failure investigations.
- Maintain equipment history for future retrieval and improvements.
- Compliance Audit and Assurance function by providing support to management in facilitating maintenance and integrity compliance audits. Lead/facilitate PM assurance review and Asset Register verification exercise, and Process effectiveness review.
- Ensure correct inputs into Computerized Materials and Maintenance Management System (CMMMS) to ensure data and history of equipment maintenance activities are captured accurately. Provide inputs to maintenance planner with regards to mechanical maintenance activities for his consolidation into SAP PM Plan.
- Carry out analysis of operating modes and the updating of operating norms and procedures.
- Allocate KPIs and SMART performance targets to Mechanical department staff.
- Implement systematic and robust knowledge transfer by conducting on-the-job training for mechanical staff. Supervise and groom Junior Mechanical Engineers to develop their technical knowledge, skills and competencies in order to produce potential talent for future business needs.
Education and Personal Attributes
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ working experience in Mechanical/Electrical or Instrument maintenance in LNG plant.
- Proficient to the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e. API, BS, ISO, ASME, etc.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and SAP.
- Strong communication skills with well-developed interpersonal and visible leadership capability;
- Working with culturally diverse work force and striving to develop a mutually healthy industrial relation.
This position attracts a competitive remuneration package.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Code” as the subject of the email.
- Only applications that meet the relevant qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
- It is not the intention of the position description to limit the scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirement of the role such variations are common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.