SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Instrument Preparation Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract type: Permanent contract
Contractual hours: Full time
SPIE Services Nigeria Limited is looking for An Instrument Preparation Engineer to join her work force:
- Prepare scopes of work and ensure that all materials and equipment are available as and when required for modifications, repairs or maintenance activities.
- Prepare scopes of work for approved work programmes ensuring that all relevant operating procedures and safety regulations are written in and that all necessary materials and equipment are available as and when required.
- Prepare with COMPANY review and Validation, various calls for bid to contractors invited to tender for work to be carried out.
- Supervise the execution of modification works at site, or as required by his hierarchy, especially for works executed by external contractors. He ensures that proper COMPANY procedures are followed, and that all modifications are properly documented.
- Assist with the analysis of equipment malfunctions and makes recommendations for repair and future preventive action. Proposes and justifies recommendations for the improvement of equipment availability and/or efficiency, and works with other entities in Production Methods to execute desired modifications.
- Assist with the preparation of the preventive maintenance schedule for plant and equipment and ensures that planned work takes place.
- Ensure that all work carried out takes account of and follows all relevant COMPANY procedures and practices with specific regard to those governing the health and safety of personnel.
- For instrument, assists COMPANY Technical Support ICSS Engineer with the Management of the DCS system integrity and all necessary follow up.
- Receive information from Production Operations on plant/equipment histories and maintains up-to-date records for all individual pieces of equipment. Ensures that all Equipment and Spare parts documentation are updated.
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as may be assigned by the Head of Maintenance and Inspection dept from time-to time. Quality Assurance
- Check the quality in performance of the modifications made by means of commissioning, starting up and audits.
- Under direction of COMPANY, Follows and analyses on-site spare parts stock levels ensuring they are adequate and maintained, and that materials/equipment received accord with specifications.
- Support the Lead Maintenance Engineer for Methods and preparation of Medium term activities.
- Assists COMPANY Technical Support Engineers in the assurance of quality and proper execution of modification works.
- Action and expedites AKPO & EGINA maintenance Equipment repairs with work scopes and testing requirements Validated by COMPANY Technical Support Engineers.
- Assist COMPANY in the preparation and execution of detailed maintenance work scopes and its associated planning.
- Check and ensures that vital equipment on production sites is available as and when required.
- Action small projects under the direction of the Lead Maintenance Engineer or Head of Maintenance and Inspection.
- Equivalent of DUT/BTS (French), HNC / ONC Instrumentation Engineering,
- 7 – 10 years” experience in the discipline area, preferably in the oil or petrochemical industries,
Specific Professional Knowledge:
- Instrumentation: All Types of instrumentation, meters, ICSS, DCS and PLC systems All: CMIMS – UNISUP R/3 or SAP similar package Computer literacy is mandatory,
- ATEX directive awareness
- Ability to work onshore and offshore under the climatic conditions of the site,
- Ability to work in a multinational team.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 10 years or more
- Computer Literacy
- Fire & Gas work permit preparation from offshore
- Specific Knowledge required;
- All Types of instrumentation, meters, ICSS, DCS and PLC systems All : CMIMS – UNISUP R/3 or SAP similar package
- ATEX directive awareness
- Ability to work onshore and offshore under the climatic conditions of the site, Ability to work in a multinational team.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online