Adexen Recruitment Agency was mandated by an international conglomerate to recruit an experienced individual for its operations in the position below:
Job Title: Group Chief Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full time
Industry: Industry & Manufacturing
Job Seniority: Director
Job Category: Accounting and Finance
- This role provides the leadership and expertise to the group on finance function and supports the achievement of vision for the group.
- The role is responsible for financial strategy and strengthens group companies finances to deliver their business vision.
- The role is expected to manage financial health of the companies and help them create value for the stakeholders.
- The key objective is to build net-worth and value in each group company
- Develops the financial strategy which will meet the vision and net-worth and health goals set by the board of directors.
- Define the “extent of problem”, possible alternatives to resolve them with advantages and disadvantages of the alternatives. Drives the “buy-in” of the Board for the appropriate option.
- Draws the roadmap for execution of the selected option with key milestones and timelines.
- Creates a Dashboard to update the progress on the plan against the targets.
- Builds relationships with banks at decision making level to position the group as a key customer.
- Drives the fulfillment of funds requirement of all group companies for their operations and growth (investment) requirements.
- Ensures the cost of funds is optimized.
- Create strategy and processes to ensure right mix of local and foreign currency funds to get lower cost of finance and minimize currency risks.
- Explore funds from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), wherever possible.
- Identify, explore, and avail alternate sources of funds like international institutions, PE, and DFIs and think and create innovative instruments for funding.
- Understands and develops plan to manage the applicable Taxation framework for the group, and all group companies.
- Works with Tax advisors to implement the agreed taxation compliance road map.
- Builds relationships with relevant government authorities at the decision-making levels.
- Actively works and innovates on minimizing the tax liabilities for the group companies and the group.
- Supervises the Group Financial Controller (GFC) to builds fiscal discipline, financial accounting, control, and reporting across all the group companies.
- Supervises the group budgetary process.
- Drives the team to create standardized and automated processes to efficiently report financials.
- Manages cash flows, drives operational efficiencies, and reduce working capital requirements in group companies.
- Manages external and internal audits to ensure compliance to statutory and group standards.
- Drives the automation and system utilization to reduce manual work in the finance and accounts teams across the group.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance from a recognized university
- MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years experience of leading and managing the finance department of large-to-mid sized group / organization.
- Deep and wide finance function knowledge of at least 3-4 areas. (Corporate/ Investment finance, commercial, Banking & Treasury, Accounting & Internal Control, Taxation, Governance & risk)
- Experience of working in Nigeria, Network and existing relationship with Banks, and Government Authorities
- Experience of managing B/S and P/L.
- Experience of structuring B/S.
- Experience of managing stakeholders.
- Mature, high EQ, pragmatic, flexible approach, and strong commercial judgment.
- Structured approach, problem solving ability and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team management & interpersonal skills.
- Positive, strong work ethics, and ability to prioritize.
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Leadership, Finance
- Team Management
- Shared Services
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants, however, only those selected will be contacted.