Adexen Recruitment Agency was mandated by a large Construction company to recruit an experienced individual for its operations in the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We require the services of an experienced Chief Operating Officer for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Will be primarily responsible for managing all aspects of profitable delivery and quality execution of projects, cost-effective management of business operations, market engagement, identifying business opportunities and effective client relationship management.
- Develops and implements approved business and operational plans to grow, manage a robust portfolio of clients, profitable revenue base and market share of the construction business in Nigeria
- Provides effective leadership of the operations team to ensure cost-efficient delivery of quality projects and effective implementation of the strategic business plan.
- Ensures that all new projects are well researched, adequately resourced, and key stakeholders properly engaged to enable quality execution safely and profitably
- Take an active part in critical business decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Work closely with the business development to progress opportunities and win business / projects for the company.
- Manage a robust portfolio of clients, good revenue base and market share of the construction business in Nigeria.
- Develop and maintain new revenue streams for the organization.
- Network with external stakeholders with the aim of business development
- Ensures that joint ventures projects are well developed and executed profitably and in safe working conditions
- Ensures that all technical employees, are managed professionally, mentored and developed to enhance the performance capacity of the business
- Works closely with the executive management team to ensure cost-effective access to project financing
- Takes an active part in critical business decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Provides timely, accurate and up-to-date reports on the company’s operational performance and financial health in liaison with the ED, Finance.
- Promotes knowledge retention and thought leadership insights on the business and management imperatives in the construction industry.
- Works closely with the CEO to progress opportunities and win business/projects for the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or any related field from a recognised university
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Finance or any related field, will be an advantage
- Minimum of 15 years work experience in the construction in a similar senior reole
- Knowledge of Project Management. Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage
- Effective communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a creative point of view.
- Business development and business management skills
- Business Intelligence and understanding of the competitive environment
- Project Management Skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong drive to achieve and personal integrity
- Strong business planning and Knowledge of regulatory issues
- A solid grasp of financial analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and provide appropriate solutions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.